Our Latest Video
This latest video is about how the Bible foretells the future moves of Russia. Russia has exercised its increasing power over recent years. It has annexed part of Gorgia, annexed Crimea, is in control of much of eastern Ukraine and is virtually in control of Syria. What is Russia’s next move? Bible prophecy has acurately predicted Russias moves to date and also shows what Russia’s future moves will be. There are more videos on the Videos page
Britain leaving Europe might seem to be just a political event happening in the world today. However Christadelphians have been expecting Brexit to happen for many years because Britain has to be separate from Europe in prophecies of latter day events leading to the return of Jesus Christ. For more information see our Brexit page
Bible prophecy gives the answer of “Yes” to both questions. How?
- Detailed and specific Bible prophecies about the destiny of ancient cities and peoples have all come true. There are prophecies about the return of the Jews to the land of Israel which started to be fulfilled from 1948 onwards.
Is it just by chance that events in the world have happened the way the Bible says they would?
- That’s exceedingly unlikely – hundreds of events were prophesied hundreds of years before they came to pass. Can that happen by chance? No man can predict detailed events hundreds of years in advance. The Bible has to be written by God
Do you want to investigate Bible Prophecy for yourself?
- Look at some prophecies – see the Bible Prophecy Page
Is it important to know the true teaching of the Bible?
Yes it is. Why?
God requires that our worship of Him is according to Truth.
- Jesus Christ said, “God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.” (John 4:24 ESV)
It is also important that what we believe, and what we teach, is Bible Truth:
- The Apostle Paul wrote, “But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed” (Galatians 1:8 ESV)
So if what we believe and teach is not true, Paul says we will not be saved; we will not have eternal life.
What is the Truth of the Bible?
In essence the truth of the Bible is not complicated. Jesus Christ taught that if we believe the Gospel and are baptised we will be saved. This is what he commanded disciples just before he went to heaven:
Mark 16:15-16 “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature (every person). He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be condemned”.
Some important considerations that flow out of this are:
- What is the Gospel that has to be believed to be saved?
- What is the baptism that Jesus is referring to here?
The Truth about the Gospel
To work out what is the Gospel that we must believe to be saved, we need to look at what Jesus and the Apostles taught as the Gospel.
What was the Gospel that Jesus preached? The gospel that Jesus preached was about the coming Kingdom of God, which will be on the earth.
Matthew 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom
Matthew 9:35 And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom
Jesus also prophesied that his true disciples would preach the Gospel of the Kingdom
Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations;
What was it that the apostles of Jesus Christ preached? They preached the gospel of the Kingdom of God and the work of Jesus Christ:
Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
Acts 28:30 And Paul dwelt two whole years (in Rome) preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ,
So what do we need to believe to be saved? Not just the good news about Jesus, but rather the gospel of the coming Kingdom of God and the things concerning the work of Jesus Christ.
What is the Kingdom of God?
Its rather important to know what the Kingdom of God is, because its part of the Gospel and unless we believe the Truth about this we cannot be saved.
The kingdom of God will be established on this earth after the Lord Jesus Christ returns to this earth. Here are some Bible passages about this.
In Luke 1:32-33, the angel that came to Mary to announce the conception of Jesus to her said:
And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
This Bible passage shows that:
- Jesus Christ will be given the throne of his father David. That makes him a king. It also makes him king over Israel, because that is the position that king David occupied
- Jesus Christ will rule over the house of Jacob. This confirms he will be king over Israel, and also indicates that this kingdom will be on earth.
- Jesus Christ is going to rule for ever. This will not therefore be a brief passing thing – it will last for ever.
When preaching at Athens, the apostle Paul said:
Acts 17:31 Because he (God) hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge (rule) the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
This Bible passage shows that:
- It is God’s kingdom – he will rule the world
- Jesus Christ will be the one who will rule the world on behalf of God.
Who will rule the world with Jesus Christ?
Those who have believed the Gospel and who have been baptised will rule the world with Jesus Christ. Jesus promised that his apostles would be resurrected from the dead when he returns and would rule over the twelve tribes of Israel:
Matt 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
All other true believers will have rulership roles in the coming Kingdom of Christ:
Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
What are true Bible teachings and what are not true?
There is a summary of true bible teachings contrasted with false teaching at this page.